A delicious and refreshing change from the heavy buttered potted shrimps version. So easy to make although unlike traditional potted shrimps, this will not have a long shelf life. Make and enjoy!
- 180g brown shrimps, shelled
- 180g finely sliced fennel then roughly chopped
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 heaped tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 heaped tbsp finely chopped dill
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Pinch ground mace or nutmeg
- Put the shrimps, fennel, lemon zest and juice, yoghurt and dill into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper and mace or nutmeg.
- Spoon into ramekins and put in fridge until ready to serve. They are nicest when not fridge-cold so take out 20 minutes before you want to eat. Serve with a salad or thin slices of sourdough bread.