You will need …..
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 6cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander (15g)
- 500g responsibly sourced salmon fillets, skin off, pin-boned
- 4 teaspoons chilli jam
- Remover tough outer layer of lemongrass.
- Finely chop the inside of the lemongrass and most of the coriander, stalks as well, reserving a few leaves in a bowl of cold water.
- Chop the salmon into 1cm chunks then push half the salmon to one side. Chop the rest until super-fine, almost like a purée, then mix the chunkier bits back through it, add lemongrass, ginger and coriander and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Divide into 4, then shape and squash into 2cm-thick patties.
- Place a frying pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook the patties for 2 minutes on each side, or until nicely golden. Spoon the chilli jam over the fishcakes, add a splash of water to the pan, turn the heat off, and jiggle to coat. Serve sprinkled with the drained coriander.
Delicious served with a sweet potato mash and crisp green salad.