- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 20g fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- ½-1 tsp light brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 100ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice
- 400g purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed and any thicker stems halved lengthways
1. For the sauce, heat the oil in a small frying pan with the garlic, chilli and ginger over a low heat and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar and cook for 2 minutes more, until melted and caramelised. Use a hand whisk to blend in the peanut butter, coconut milk and soy sauce with a pinch of salt. Warm through, remove from the heat and add the lime juice. Keep warm.
2. Steam the broccoli spears over simmering water for 6-8 minutes, until just tender. Divide between plates and accompany with dipping bowls of the sauce, or spoon it directly over the vegetables. Serve with rice or noodles, if liked, to make it into a main course.