Makes one small loaf
- 170 g ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 30 g oats – ground into flour
- 3 eggs – beaten
- 180g courgette – coarsely grated and squeezed in tea towel
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 c and grease loaf tin (approx 900 g size).
- Mix together almonds, bicarbonate of soda, oats and salt. Add the eggs, courgette and melted coconut oil and mix well. Stir in the chia seeds.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until loaf is brown on top and a knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Leave to cool for one hour before slicing.