- 300g beetroots, peeled and chopped
- 5 tbsps crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g coriander, roughly chopped including stalks
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz to a finely chopped and evenly mixed consistency. Don’t reduce everything to a purée, the blitz should still have some texture.
- Taste the mixture, you should have a balance of salty, sharp and piquant, but add a little more seasoning if needs be.
You can swop the beetroot with carrot, or use mint or basil as opposed to coriander. It works equally well with crunchy almond butter instead of the peanut butter.