- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lage red pepper, cut into strips
- 250 ml white wine
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- pinch cayenne pepper
- few strands of saffron
- 400 ml fish stock
- 600 g firm white fish fillets, skinned and chopped into chunks
- 400 g tin chickpeas drained
- large handful flat leaf parsley
- lemon wedges
- Heat olive oil in large heavy based pan. Add onion and celery, cook until softened.
- Add garlic, paprika and red pepper and cook stirring for 3 mins until fragrant and pepper is starting to soften.
- Pour in wine and continue cooking until reduced slightly.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne, saffron, fish stock and pinch of sea salt and simmer for 10 mins stirring frequently.
- Add fish and simmer for 3 mins or until fish is just tender.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper and serve with the parsley and lemon wedges.