- 1 chilli, thinly sliced, deseeded
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 100ml chinese rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cucumber, shredded
- 1 carrot, thinly shredded
- 50g mangetout, shredded
- 2 salad onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cooked chicken skinless breast fillets
- ¼ nest vermicelli noodles, broken up
- 30g fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, finely chopped
1. Place the chilli, garlic, vinegar and sugar in a saucepan and heat to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and stir in the fish sauce.
2. Place the vegetables into a separate bowl, shred the chicken and add to the vegetables.
3. Heat a frying pan to hot and toast the noodles without oil until golden and crisp. Remove from the pan and cool.
4. Toss the dressing into the vegetables and chicken and add the coriander. Serve the salad in a bowl and top with the peanuts and toasted rice noodles.